9th Assembly: “Fintech: Threat or Opportunity?”
1. Dr V. Sivapalan
Chief Evangelist -- Proficeo
2. Jeremy Chong
Managing Director -- PrimeKeeper
3. Amran Hassan
Head of Innovation & CIO -- Maybank
MODERATOR: Wilson Beh (Co-Founder, Next Money KL)
DATE : Thursday, 14 July 2016
VENUE : Impact Hub Kuala Lumpur
D7, Sentul East Design Centre,
51000, Wilayah Persekutuan
TIME : 7.30 – 10.00 pm
The “School Assembly” is essentially a forum featuring emerging leaders to share their nation-building journey with a group of young aspiring leaders. This is a space for young, hungry and MAD (making a difference) Malaysians.
THEME: “Fintech: Threat or Opportunity?”
Wikipedia defines it as "an economic industry composed of companies that use technology to make financial services more efficient." Fintech includes mobile payments, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer payments, online banking. Fintech is one of the most promising industries—Accenture reported its explosive growth from $930 million in 2008 to over $12 billion in 2015. The banking and financial industry is split on viewing the advent of fintech as either an opportunity or a threat. What we're sure about is the fintech revolution is here to stay and it will change the way we use money will change for good.
At this assembly we aim to discuss more on
- The threats and opportunities that the Fintech has brought?
- Does Fintech removes the functions of financial institutions?
- Will Malaysians be adaptive towards this change?
- Impact of Fintech towards the society?
- What are the challenges and the future of Fintech in Malaysia?
For any inquiries, please contact:
Irene Wong: email@example.com / 012-6351368
Zaim Mohzani: firstname.lastname@example.org / 012-3205865
Website : www.nationbuildingschool.com
Facebook : www.facebook.com/nationbuildingschool
Twitter : @nbsmalaysia
Instagram : @nationbuildingschool
- The event description was updated. Diff#178627 2016-07-10 02:23:03
7:30 PM - 10:00 PM MYT
- Venue Address
- D7 Sentul East Design Centre, Jalan Sentul Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan 51000 Malaysia Malaysia
8min walk from LRT Sentul / 5min walk from Komuter Sentul
Nation Building School835 Followers